It’s raining this Monday in Southern California– and I couldn’t be happier about it. I L O V E this weather. It’s my all time favorite. I get inspired, I’m happier, and everybody that I know tells me I’m adopted because of it. 🙂
I know not everyone is as crazy as I am to love this weather, so I compiled a list of things to do that will maybe sway your opinion on rainy days.
- J O U R N A L. I may be biased as someone who identifies as a writer, but this is usually my favorite past time. 😉 And since it’s been one week since the new year began- you can start by reflecting on how it started, and write down your intentions for this year if you haven’t already.
- Make soup. When it’s rainy + cold I choose soup over everything else. Tomato, Chicken Noodle, Potato… you name it! It’s comfort food at it’s finest.
- Workout. There are so many FREE workouts online that you can do from home! You may be confined to being inside because of the weather, but you can still get your workout in! Here’s my favorite cardio workout ⇢ Holiday Hustle ⇠ I usually do it a couple times through because it’s so quick + easy! If you’re looking for something a little less intense, try looking for at home yoga or pilates routines.
- Turn on the fireplace and cozy up with your favorite movie + drink. I would grab a blanket while you’re at it! (If you want to unplug, grab a book!)
- Play a game! Monopoly, Jenga, Scrabble… it’s a fun way to pass the time.
- Bake. The heat from the oven will help warm the house, plus freshly baked goodies are always a great treat!
- Projects. Like organize closet, hang photos, donations– you know, everything we procrastinate doing because we’d rather be outdoors… 😉
- Puzzle. I don’t think puzzles are the same as games for the sole reason that they stress me out after a while- BUT I love doing them over a course of time!
- Create a vision board. I have a vision board on Pinterest that I started, but I’m going to eventually make one to go on my wall for some extra encouragement.
- ⇢ R E L A X.⇠ Really. I don’t know if that means a bubble bath with some candles and music or fuzzy socks with yoga pants and a comfy sweater. But however you do it, just relax.
I fully believe that the weather is God’s way of gently pushing us to take a deep breath and chill out for a bit… so let’s do just that. 😉