This week is usually one of my favorites. If I’m having a particularly bad time, I am comforted knowing that a new year is just around the corner. And the newness of it makes the anticipation of it even better. If I’m having a great time, I am thankful for everything that’s happened and looking forward to the new adventures I am sure are coming. The newness of the next year exciting.
Either way, this week is never crazy busy (although, this year I’m in Lake Tahoe adventuring so maybe just not a super stressed out week ;)) and I’m always thankful for the time to reflect and to plan for the next year.
This year in particular has been an intense one. From losing someone close to holidays that don’t quite look how they used to, to trying new things, I’ve got a lot to look back on, and a lot I know I want to make a priority and work on.
So here are my reflections and intentions for the new year- I hope it encourages you to take a moment before the year is up to do the same! It always makes you look at life a little differently. After all, you live and you learn! 🙂
2 0 1 7 R e f l e c t i o n s:
- Family is everything. And when life throws a curveball at everyone, we all deal with it together.
- Letting go is worth it. It’s not the easiest thing in the world, but if it’s not good for you, you’re only harming yourself. So let it go.
- Writing Heals. Literally. And maybe, just maybe if you put it out there for people to see, you’ll be able to help others too.
- Just Jump. It’s terrifying, but trying something, even if it’s risky, is always going to be worth it.
- Friends make life sweeter. Friendships change, but the ones that are real are the ones where distance doesn’t matter.
- Change is good. Maybe it sucks, but if you let go and let God take control, it’s a good thing.
- Living wholeheartedly is always better than living with only half your heart because you’re afraid of getting hurt.
- There is a purpose in the pain. #enoughsaid
- Life is short– cherish every moment and everybody in your life.
- Live unapologetically. It’s worth it.
- Intentionality is everything– in relationships, in the things you’re working on, in your words. It’s definitely the biggest thing I learned this year — so much so, I actually have a Thursday Thoughts post on it (read it here)!
2 0 1 8 I n t e n t i o n s:
- Save Money: I really don’t need that new item everyone is crazed about– trust me 😉
- Lead a Healthier Lifestyle: and stick with it this time. I’ve done it before, I just need to keep it going.
- Stay positive. This world has enough negativity as it is, I don’t need to add to it.
- Clean + Organize: clothes, things, books. Small room = limited space, so maximize the space I have.
- Live Fiercehearted. Love Bravely.
- Live Fully. Live Unapologetically.
- Live + Love Audaciously
- Adventure More.
- Think before I speak. #enoughsaid
- Drink enough water.
- Read more. And not just the “cotton candy” novels. 😉
- Complete the Bible Studies on my bookshelf.
- Pursue dignity and grace.
- Be vulnerable.
- Be genuine.
- Be intentional. <3